Life without insurance is like throwing caution to the wind. An insurance plan exists to help a financial safeguard against possible risks. Whether it is a health, life, motor, cargo, an insurance coverage is a must-have in today’s day and age. With a small amount of fee, the insurance company agrees to make good for the losses due to various prevalent risks. One such form of insurance is the property insurance cover.
Be it home, restaurant, hospital or workplace, there might be various risks that can damage the property. Not only the structure, but also its contents are at a risk from perils like fires, natural disasters, and unfortunate accidents. To make sure you no longer need to worry about these damages, you can invest in a property insurance cover.
What are the reasons to buy a property insurance policy?
Comprehensive coverage: With a property insurance plan, not only the structure of your property is protected, but also the contents within it. This way, any damages that result in a loss of the content along with the structure can be insured when you buy a property insurance. Further, depending on the insurance provider, there may be optional add-ons that can be opted to a property insurance cover.
Lowers the risk to your business: A property insurance bought for your business can be fine tuned to its needs. Say, you own a general store, the risk of a fire is lower as compared to a restaurant. Thus, with a property insurance plan, the various business risks can be lowered.
Mental peace: Whether it is your home or a brick-and-mortar store, they both are invaluable possessions. Any damage to these places not only burns a hole in your wallet, but also causes metal stress. With a commercial insurance for your store or home insurance, you can stay stress-free knowing a financial backup exits in place.
What are the different factors that affect a property insurance premium?
When selecting a property insurance plan, keep an eye on the following factors as they impact your insurance premium –
- Type of property: Ascommon as it may sound, the type of property directly impacts your insurance premium. For instance, the premium for a property where manufacturing activities are carried differ from an insurance coverage sought for your home.
- Property’s age: Next to they type of property is its age that affects the premium. As age is determinant be it your health insurance policy or motor insurance plan, similarly, the older your property, the higher is its premium.
- Dimensions: Property dimensions are another factor to consider when estimating the premiums. The larger the area, the higher is the underlying risk for the insurer and hence property area impacts the premium.
- Security measures: Since insurance does not relieve you from the responsibility of protecting your property, stricter the security measures, lower will be the premium and vice versa. Modern day technology like surveillance systems help to prevent against the various risks of burglaries and theft in turn lowering the premiums.
- Add-on covers: Lastly, the premiums for property insurance plans are based on the add-ons you select. Depending on your insurance company, there are various add-on like insuring your content, jewellery, artifacts and more which can be included in the property insurance coverage.
Just like marine insurance is critical for goods sent overseas, a property insurance is essential to safeguard all types of properties, be it residential or commercial. So why wait, get a property insurance cover today! Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms and conditions, please read sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.